George Goodman is a shareholder with Cummins, Goodman, Denley & Vickers P.C. Mr. Goodman practices in the area of business litigation with an emphasis on OSHA and workers’ compensation defense. He represents both insured and self-insured employers in pre-litigation and litigation settings. Mr. Goodman has been involved in more than 50 OSHA fatality/catastrophe investigations and related OSHA and civil litigation in Federal and State jurisdictions. He has spent significant time working on legislative and rulemaking efforts related to safety and workers’ compensation throughout the Northwest and nationally. He is a frequent speaker on topics related to OSHA regulatory activities.
Prior to coming to the firm, Mr. Goodman worked for the litigation unit of a large Portland, Oregon firm.
When Mr. Goodman is not practicing law, he can be found fishing, golfing, horseback riding or working in the field with his golden retriever, Tique.
I decided to go to law school after working in “the real world” for 4-5 years. During that time, I became aware that when working with lawyers on business issues, most of us really didn’t understand the language they were using, and were therefore just dependent on them being “right” in their advice. I was not comfortable with that assumption, and so wanted to understand the legal language and related legal issues for myself. Fortunately, it was the right decision for me. What I enjoy most about being an attorney is providing practical options to clients in terms they can understand, and then implementing whatever strategies the clients choose.George W. Goodman
Northwestern School of Law, Lewis and Clark College
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, California
Master of Fine Arts
University of Wisconsin
Bachelor of Arts
Frequent regional and national speaker on OSHA and Workers’ Compensation Issues
Professional Honors / Awards
AV-Preeminent Rated, 20+ years, Martindale-Hubbell
- American Bar Association
- Labor Law and Litigation Sections,
- Occupational Safety and Health Sub-Committee
- S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Ninth Circuit Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- 12th Judicial District Bar Association
- Yamhill County Bar Association
- Oregon OSHA Partnership Committee
- American Society of Safety Professionals
- The National Council of Self-Insurers
- Associated Oregon Loggers, Inc.
- Oregon Manufacturing & Commerce Association
- Associated General Contractors
- Oregon Business and Industry
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Association
- IME Association
- Washington Self-Insurers Association
- National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network