Christopher E. Fender
Mr. Fender is an associate in the firm. His practice focuses on workers’ compensation, OSHA, employment law and other administrative and civil issues. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Fender served as an associate to Stuart M. Brown, Attorney at Law in Portland, as well as a law clerk for Velrud & Fowler, LLP and the Oregon Department of Justice, Civil Enforcement Division in Eugene, Oregon.
He received his law degree and Masters of Science degree in Conflict and Dispute Resolution from the University of Oregon School of Law and holds a Bachelor of Arts in French and History from Claremont McKenna College in California.
CUMMINS, GOODMAN, DENLEY & VICKERS, P.C.
Workers’ compensation, OSHA, employment and complex civil litigation. Representation of employers and insurance companies.
Contract Associate, 2009-2011
LAW OFFICE OF STUART M. BROWN
Conducted research, prepared for arbitration and trial, witness interviews, depositions, court appearances, drafted pleadings, case management. transactional work and related litigation and criminal law.
Law Clerk, 2007-2008
VELARUD & FOWLER, LLP
Criminal defense research, document preparation for divorce proceedings, client and witness interviews, scene investigation.
Law Clerk, 2006-2007
OREGON DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, CIVIL ENFORCEMENT DIVISION
Pre-trial preparation for termination of parental rights in cases of abuse, neglect, and incapacity. Interviewed witnesses and prepared discovery materials for counsel and opposing counsel.
Law Clerk, 2006
Chandler & Associates, LLP
Prepared motions for a writ of Habeas Corpus in an Appellate Program death penalty case. Prepared civil complaints and responses.
2008, J.D. Degree
2008, Masters of Science in Conflict and Dispute Resolution
University of Oregon School of Law
2003, B.A. Degree, French, History
Claremont McKenna College
Oregon State Bar Association
- Oregon Workers Compensation Board rules Claimant required to cooperate with employer/insurers reasonable investigation. Claimant’s attorney sanctioned.
- FEDOSHA calls for Arizona to Follow Federal Fall Protection Policy
- Federal Osha Publishes General Industry Inspection Targeting Plan Changes
- Washington L&I’s new guidelines for opioids Rx to treat injured workers
- OSHA’S TOP 10 VIOLATIONS FOR FISCAL 2012 ANNOUNCED
- National Workers' Compensation Defense Network (NWCDN)
- Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries
- Oregon Disability Calculators (PTD, TTD/TPD, and PPD)
- Oregon Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB)
- Oregon Workers’ Compensation Division (WCD)
- OSHA Alaska
- OSHA Oregon
- OSHA Washington State
- State of Idaho Industrial Commission
- Washington State Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals
- Washington State Department of Labor & Industries
- WCB Significant and Noteworthy Cases (Cumulative Subject Index)